After a brief pause to bask in my newfound glory...
...ah, that was nice. Anyhow, now I must meet certain obligations that come with this award. First, the thanks. Marian, if I had the gas money, I would drive to your house and make a chocolate flan cake just for you. It has a caramel glaze and uses seven free-range eggs.
Now I'm supposed to tell seven random facts about myself. This should be easy. Most of my life has been fairly random.
1. I was once named "Joke Teller of the Week" at the Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield, Kansas.
2. I can write with both hands at once. Now if I only had twice as many paychecks to sign...
3. My absolute favorite pasta dish is Shrimp Alfredo with broccoli.
4. I firmly believe that life is too short to drink bad coffee.
5. The only shopping that I really enjoy is in yarn or book stores.
6. I am not the shortest person in my family.
7. My closet is full of theater costumes. And yarn.
Now then, it's time to pass it on. The number of recipients seems to be chosen at random, so I'll pick four because there's a dreidel on the couch and it has four sides. First up, Alex J. Cavanaugh. Alex is an author and dedicated blogger who never fails to return visits. He also has some very stylish blue binary code on his page.
Next up, we have N. R. Williams. Hey, anybody who writes a book featuring a gal with a magic flute is definitely deserving of a style award. And the book itself is much cooler than my one-line synopsis. Go and peek; she has excerpts available.
Can't pass out style awards without giving one to Stephen Tremp. Speaking as someone with a wardrobe consisting of jeans and t-shirts, I am properly impresse d by a guy who can wear a suit and smile. And he can write!
Cool and groovy person number four shall be... Peggy Frezon! Writing about and on behalf of pets, Peggy has a knack for bringing out the warmth and humor in a given situation. Plus, she's got a really cute dog.
There you have it! Flippancy aside, these four folks (and Marian, too) have the talent for making you feel something when you read their words. They also know a whole raft of other really interesting people, so don't be shy about visiting their blogs and perusing their reading lists. As for me, I'd better go peruse the garden. We got about ten drops of rain, which means the weeds are sure to be on the move.